Lee Holdsworth has finished P23 & P21 in Races 13 & 14 of the Supercars Championship at the Winton SuperSprint over the weekend.
Race 13 – Position 23
Endurance Co-Driver Matty Brabham opened up the weekend on track for Preston Hire Racing, piloting the temporarily numbered 400 into P11 in the wet Additional Co-Driver Practice session.
Holdsworth finished P9 in Practice 2 and 3 but struggled against the green tyre in Qualifying to finish P21.
Avoiding the chaos on the opening lap, Holdsworth climbed into P18 but on a Safety Car restart, but with 7 laps remaining was spun by De Silvestro and was forced to rejoin at the back of the field.
Holdsworth was unable to overcome the lost positions in the remaining laps and finished P23.
Race 14 – Position 21
Holdsworth qualified P19 for Sunday’s Race, a slight improvement on the day prior but still struggling against the green tyre.
The #400 ran around the P20 mark for the majority of the race, reaching as high as P17 but ultimately finishing P21 with tyre issues.
Holdsworth and the team will remain in Winton for their test day this coming Tuesday.
Preston Hire Racing will now prepare for the Darwin Triple Crown, to be held on 15-17 June, with all Races to be broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
- 1 – Scott McLaughlin, Shell V-Power Racing – 1487 points
- 2 – Shane Van Gisbergen, Red Bull Holden Racing – 1356 points
- 3 – Craig Lowndes, Autobarn Racing – 1118 points
- 4 – David Reynolds, Penrite Racing – 1169 points
- 5 – Jamie Whincup, Red Bull Holden Racing – 1123 points
- 21 – Lee Holdsworth, Preston Hire Racing – 540 points