Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to all employees of Preston Hire. It governs the way all employees must behave towards customers, suppliers, clients, co-workers, company management and the general public.
All employees of Preston Hire are expected to observe the highest standards of ethics, integrity and behaviour during the course of their employment with Preston Hire.
As representatives of Preston Hire, all employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner and observe the following standards of behaviour:
- Comply with all laws, company policies, procedures, rules, regulations and contracts
- Comply with all reasonable and legal instructions by the company
- Be honest and fair in dealings with customers, clients, suppliers, co-workers, company management and the general public
- Treat customers, clients, suppliers, co-workers, company management and the general public in a non-discriminatory manner with proper regard for their rights and dignity
- Promptly report any violations of law, ethical principles or policies that come to your attention
- Maintain and develop your knowledge and skills in your area of expertise and responsibility
- Will not engage in fraudulent or corrupt behaviour
Some more specific examples of standards of behaviour expected of you include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain punctuality – we operate to tight deadlines and require your cooperation
- Observe health and safety policies and obligations
- Respect the company’s ownership of all company funds, equipment, supplies, books, records and property
- Maintain, during employment with the company and after the termination of employment, the confidentiality of any confidential information, records or other materials acquired during the course of employment with Preston Hire
- While employed at Preston Hire, do not accept any employment with another organisation that is a supplier or competitor of Preston Hire, or any other employment that is in conflict with your position at Preston Hire
- Not receive gifts or monetary favours from clients or similar that result in personal financial benefit
- Dress in an appropriate manner and ensure that your appearance is presentable, clean, neat and tidy
- Do not fight in the workplace
- Do not swear in the workplace
- Do not engage in sexual or other unlawful harassment or bullying in the workplace
- Do not consume or possess drugs or alcohol in the workplace or attend work under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct are considered a very serious matter and will be dealt with in accordance with the Performance and Misconduct Policy, which includes termination of employment.
All Managers and Operations Coordinators are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the operation of this policy within their area of responsibility and reporting accordingly to the WHS Coordinator.